Senior Principal | GaN Technology & Product Development (f/m/div)*
Update day: 06-05-2023
Category: High Technology
Job type: Full-time
Do you want to contribute to a sustainable future by generating leading edge innovations, working in an expanding world-class technology development team with global footprint? Do you want to be a key player in the development of power devices which will revolutionize efficient use of electrical energy and which will enable Infineon to stay in the pole position in this rapidly growing market? Here is your chance!
In your new job you will:
- Develop the next generation GaN power technology platforms
- Define the right products together with our business lines which bring substantial value to customer
- Lead an international teamcombining highest technical expertise with advanced project management skills, ranging from device concept engineering, over process integration, reliability assessment and production ramp-up
- Bring in your semiconductor device, process as well as integration experience
- Set up new process conceptsand take ownership for full process flow (process integration)
- Elaborate and integrate advanced process and technology concepts
- Participate in and lead problem solving teamsusing systematic 8D and 6sigma approaches
- Generate Intellectual Property
- Enable fast volume ramp and yield learning in our leading GaN processing line which is fully integrated into our high volume fab for power semiconductors
With this position you will be entering our „technical ladder": our career path for experts. You will be able to focus deeply on technology - while further pursuing your career. As you continually expand your expert knowledge, puzzle over matters and solve problems, you will position yourself as a thought leader - thus helping our products improve our world a bit more each day.
You describe yourself as an ambitious team player with outstanding technical and leadership expertise in semiconductor development and manufacturing. You use systematic approaches for straightforward problem solving. You like to use design-of-experiment methodology for fast and efficient learning cycles. You are strong in communication and in establishing networks in and around your working environment or are already part of our manufacturing or development teams. You are keen to develop your technical and social skills in the No.1 company for power semiconductors. Your device and application knowledge as central assets will enable you to define the right products together with our business lines.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A University Degree (master or above) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in semiconductor device or technology development, process integration, or production (Si, SiC, or GaN)
- A clearunderstanding how wide bandgap products create value in power applications
- GaN power device expertise (ideally from pGaN normally-off HEMT concepts) in the field of GaN wafer technology and processing (preferably from an industrial environment)
- Knowledge about the GaN/AlGaN/pGaN material system and corresponding GaN-on-Si epitaxy processes; knowledge about GaN epitaxy on other substrates is also welcome
- GaN reliability expertise ranging from device and technology to package reliability assessment and qualification
- Reference in (project-) managementof leading-edge semiconductor platform technology development or production ramp experience of high-volume semiconductor technologies (Si, SiC)
- Practice insystematic problem solving techniques (8D, 6sigma) and FMEA
- Excellent English language skills as a must, fluency in German as an advantage
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification. The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group K (https://www.feei.at/leistungen/informations-service/mindestlohne-und-gehalter-2020). The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a. We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
- Power & Sensor Systems (PSS) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities-
InfineonPSS semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world. Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of "things" and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
Click here for more information about working at PSS with interesting employee and management insights and an overview with more #PSSDreamJobs.
At Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with more than 3700 colleagues from over 65 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success. And all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Living in Austria has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach itself benefits from its status as a "small town", offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
*The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 13-06-2023🌏 Klagenfurt, Carinthia
⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Villach, Carinthia
⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Spittal, Carinthia
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Sankt Andrä, Carinthia
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Klagenfurt, Carinthia
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Villach, Carinthia
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Villach, Carinthia
⏰ 12-06-2023🌏 Klagenfurt, Carinthia
⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Villach, Carinthia
⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Völkermarkt, Carinthia