Update day: 04-11-2023
Job contentJob Locations
The primary focus of this position is to own and lead the procurement process for allocated projects in EMEA.
- Supplier Qualification and Relationship Management
- Grow and strengthen the supplier pool of relationships within EMEA
- Lead and support the qualification of new suppliers, ensuring documentation is received and uploaded onto the database (technical, financial, legal)
- Initiate and maintain supplier MNDAs (Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreements)
- Maintain and update the database of EMEA supplier information such as supplier contacts, supplier lead times, and supplier product and service offerings
- Supplier Selection and Contracting
- Review, edit, and create request for proposals (RFPs) templates for the EMEA region, ensuring compliance with technical, legal, and financial requirements
- Ensure templates are stored and maintained on EMEA Sharepoint site
- Facilitate and process requests for proposals (RFPs) with suppliers for Tier I (higher cost / higher risk) and Tier II (moderate cost / moderate risk) equipment, materials, and services in support of implementation projects led by Fortna
- Confer with project managers to determine schedules and lead the scheduling of releasing RFP’s to suppliers
- Confer with and assist leads from engineering and project management to determine supplier selection strategy and RFP needs
- Where required, lead the Scorecarding process for supplier selection
- Facilitate the receipt of proposal responses from suppliers and response evaluation workshops
- Correspond with suppliers to ensure their needs are handled expeditiously during the RFP and selection process
- Lead, support, and/or facilitate effective meetings with suppliers during the supplier bid and selection process
- Negotiate suppliers’ pricing, contracts, and payment terms for equipment, materials, and services in line with Fortna specified terms
- Prepare purchase order contract documents, attachments, specifications, and other supporting material related to the procurement of equipment, materials, and services
- Facilitate development, negotiations, and the execution of Supplier Purchase Agreements (SPAs) with Legal, Project Management, and selected suppliers for large purchases
- Maintain and manage all RFP documentation and communications for each Fortna EMEA project on the project portal site
- Evaluate purchase order requests, create and issue purchase orders to suppliers, confirm receipt by supplier, and track, expedite, and update in Fortna’s financial system
- Maintain purchase order electronic records
- Track critical purchase orders and provide weekly updates to the project’s team
- Source alternative parts in the event of items being unavailable or on long lead times
- Identify, escalate, and support resolution of financial and/or commercial exposure
- Procurement Process Improvement and Training
- Aid in the development, execution, and on-going evaluation of the procurement strategy for suppliers on or across multiple projects to reduce costs, improve product and service quality, and ensure on-time time delivery performance
- Support internal initiatives to improve procurement processes
- Implement and/or update procurement policies, procedures, templates, and forms to be entity- specific, and train internal Associates as needed
- Optimize use of technology to streamline purchasing processes
- Write and deliver high quality communication, documentation, and analysis
- Create and/or maintain Standard Operating Procedures and training documentation, as required
- Engage in continuous learning and professional development
- Five-plus years of procurement experience
- Professional experience in material handling systems
- Excellent client and supplier facing interpersonal skills (teamwork, facilitation, communication (both written and verbal), and collaboration)
- Some knowledge of procurement contracts
- Experience in sourcing, particularly of electrical or mechanical components
- Highly proactive, reliable, and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Strong and effective problem-solving skills
- Disciplined organisational and time management skills
- Ability to provide quality deliverables in both an office environment and a virtual/remote location
- Ability to employ persuasion skills appropriately to ensure effective negotiation
- Desire to continually add value to and ensure accuracy and quality in all work performed
- An aptitude for understanding mechanical and electrical systems
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in MS Office products and Adobe
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on an occasional basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- Professional Certification such as CIPS or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Conversational German language skills
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics AX and Power BI
WHAT WE DO
Headquartered in Atlanta with locations globally, Fortna is an award-winning, end-to-end design-build firm whose expertise spans over seven decades of service. Founded in 1946, we provide strategy, automation design & systems integration, and warehouse execution software to the world’s most recognized brands.
What Sets Us Apart
At Fortna, our three mission-critical pillars connect our people across the globe and help distinguish us as a leader in the marketplace.
- Our PEOPLE are at the heart of everything we do. We are guided by a set of business principles and ethics that are baked into the excellence we bring to each project from start to finish.
- Our PASSION unites our Associates through our shared passion and commitment to integrity, hard work, and a collaborative approach. We love what we do, and it shows.
- We PROMISE to be accountable, act with integrity, and deliver results for our clients. Our diverse team of global Associates work as “One Team” to deliver on our promises to Clients.
Perks and benefits: At Fortna, our people are everything – so the perks and benefits you’ll receive from being part of the Fortna team are generous. From competitive compensation packages and health insurance offerings to Associate-led committees created to drive positive change, the employee experience at Fortna is truly unmatched.
Talent Development: We believe every Associate deserves the resources and support to grow and thrive. That’s why a career at Fortna comes with powerful professional development opportunities. Learn directly from the industry’s best and brightest. Our training, mentoring and on-the-job experiences are designed to enhance your skillset – preparing you for increasingly challenging roles and accelerating your career.
Central to our recruitment process is a commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from suitably qualified persons, regardless of any protected characteristics as applicable by local law. In addition, Fortna will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Statement to Third Party Agencies - To ALL recruitment agencies: Fortna only accepts resumes from agencies on the Fortna preferred supplier list. Do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Fortna employees, or any Fortna office location. Fortna is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Gleisdorf, Styria
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Gleisdorf, Styria
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Graz, Styria
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Graz, Styria
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Graz, Styria
⏰ 18-01-2024🌏 Graz, Styria
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Graz, Styria
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Graz, Styria
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Graz, Styria
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Graz, Styria